I have one desire – healthy trips! You may think, who desires to travel the unhealthy places? Of course, no one wants to be in a place where health is at stake. But there are some really healthy places in the world that are worth visiting.
I am a mother and love healthy trips. As a mother, I cannot afford to compromise on the health of my family. So, this time I decided to pack my bags to travel some of the healthiest places and learn about their healthy habits.
So, here is what I learned from my healthy trips.
Top Healthy Places To Visit in 2018
- Volcán, Panama: Volcán in Panama also known as Shangri-La Valley is a place where people live a life off the grid. The place has no room for electric appliances and is far away from technology. The valley is not outdated rather healthy. Living in Volcán you have no choice besides going green. It has large farms, green valleys to enjoy sightseeing and a dozen of trekking and hiking places to keep one’s muscles active. The life expectancy of the valley is far better than elsewhere in Panama.
- Sardinia, Italy: Sardinia is one place in the world where men centenarians can be found. The reason behind their long life is again off the grid life. Farmers and sheepherders usually walk five miles a day. The other factor that significantly compliments their long life is familial closeness. Families are closely knit and live nearby. Love, affection and healthy environment keep them healthy.
- Okinawa, Japan: If Sardinia is a place for men centenarians, Okinawa is the place for female centenarians. Okinawa is a great place to fight off mental stress, tension and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. The place is steeped in Japanese culture. A true family bond runs through every Japanese family that helps them stay healthy.
- Nicoya, Costa Rica: Nicoya is one place where you can expect to get everything organic. The residents of Nicoya diet is plant-forward, nutrient-dense diet mixed with rigorous outdoor activities. People in Nicoya enjoy a life expectancy of 90 plus years.
- Ikaria, Greece: Late night sleepers would love to be in Ikaria a place with a lifestyle of late bedtimes, daily naps and a strict adherence to Mediterranean diet. Going out and eating out you will get lots of healthy food options such as fruits, beans, potatoes, vegetables, olive oil and whole grains. People in Ikaria are free from diseases affecting elderlies such as dementia and chronic diseases. Ikarian enjoys a life expectancy of 90 plus years.
These were top 5 healthiest places everyone should plan to visit. It is actually great to meet new people and learn about their lifestyle. Staying in pastoral places for some time rejuvenates the mind and body. Well, it works me and hope it will work for you as well. All the best for your trip and don’t forget to share your travel experience.